Mapple Whitefield Bangalore




ONLINE BOOKING

Select a Hotel
Check-In  
 
Number of Nights  
 
 
 
 
 
 

HomeBangaloreMapple ExpressSightseeing

 
Lal Bagh Gardens

The Lalbagh Botanical Garden, Bangalore is of royal origin and was started initially as a private garden in an area of 40 acres by Hyder Ali, one of the most famous rulers of old Mysore in 1760. This garden was further developed by Hyder Ali’s son Tipu Sultan and subsequently by the British and Indian doyens of horticulture by extension of area and addition of a number of plant species.

The garden is an institution of botanical and environmental importance, a treasure house of the state and nation, an important lung space of Bangalore – it is the duty of every one of us to protect it from deterioration and to keep it clean.

Biannual flower shows are organized every year in January and August on the occasion of the Republic Day and Independence Day celebrations respectively. Details can be had from the Directorate of Horticulture or the Mysore Horticultural Society Office.

Lalbagh remains open daily from 6.00 a.m. to 7.00 p.m. throughout the year. Videography is prohibited.

     
     
 

 


 

Vidhan Soudha

Vidhana Soudha counts amongst the most impressive as well as the most magnificent buildings in the Bangalore city of India. It is mainly famous for housing the Legislative Chambers of the state government. The three hundred rooms of Vidhan Soudha accommodate approximately twenty-two departments of the state government. The building rises to a height of almost 46 m, making it one of the most imposing structures in the city of Bangalore.

Built in the year 1956, Vidhana Soudha of Bangalore boasts of exquisite Dravidian architecture. It was built under the then chief minister of Karnataka, Mr. Kengal Hanumanthaiah, as a tribute to Indian temple architecture.

     
 
Cubbon Park

Cubbon Park is situated near Gandhi Nagar in Bangalore. Dating back to the year 1864, the park was laid by Sir Mark Cubbon, the then viceroy of India. Infact, the park has been named after him only. The fairy fountains and an august bandstand were added later on. The Cubbon Park of Bangalore spreads over an area of approximately 250 acres and is quite frequented by both walkers as well as joggers. The engineer of Cubbon Park was by Sir Richard Sankey, the then Chief Engineer of Mysore.

A number of neo-classical styled government buildings are situated inside the park, out of which one is the Vidhana Soudha. The Public Library, the Government Museum and the High Court are also located inside the park. The other buildings in the park include the Cheshire Dyer Memorial Hall, Ottawa Chatter, Children's amusement park, Doll museum, etc. The Vijayranga Theater complex screens children's films and stage plays. Cubbon Park also has a toy train, which is very popular amongst children.

Lying in the heart of Bangalore, Cubbon Park stands adorned with trees, flowerbeds and rolling lawns. For those who are looking for some moments of peace and solitude in Bangalore, Cubbon Park is just the place to be. In the evening, when fairy fountains are lit, the park attains a magnificence that is beyond description.

     
     
   
Bangalore Palace

Bangalore Palace, a palace located in Bangalore, India, was built to look like a smaller replica of the Windsor Castle in England.[1][2] It was built by Rev. Garrett, who was the first Principal of the Central High School in Bangalore, now known as Central College.

The construction of the palace was started in 1862 and completed in 1944. In 1884, it was bought by the Maharaja of Mysore.[3] Now owned by the current scion of the Mysore royal family, Srikanta Datta Narsimharaja Wadiyar, the palace has recently undergone a renovation.

     
     
   
Venkatappa Art Gallery

The Venkatappa Art Gallery is situated in the Karnataka Government Museum. It exhibits some of the rich art of Bangalore. The Art Gallery is comprised of two floors and displays 600 paintings.

The government museum was established in the year 1865. The museum has exhibits of antiquities from Mohenjadaro and terracotta from Mathura. It contains traditional paintings also. The museum is a must visit place for art lovers. It has some of the exclusive collections of scenic displays. The museum also has some of the great works of the famous artist K. Venkatappa.

     
 
Tipu's Palace

Tipu Sultan's Palace is located very close to the fort. It is now converted to a museum. The building of the palace was started by Hyder Ali and it was completed by Tipu Sultan. The construction of the Palace was completed in the year 1791 and it took ten years to plan and construct the palace.

The Palace was one of Tipu Sultan's summer retirements. It is a double storied flowery wooden structure. It has columns, curves and balconies which are laid with gardens on both sides of the path which leads to the palace. A dedication on the wooden screen reports the palace to be an "Abode of Happiness".

     
 
Bull Temple

Dodda Basavana Gudi (the Bull Temple) is situated in the N.R. Colony, Basavana Gudi, area of South Bangalore, part of the largest city of the Indian state of Karnataka. The Hindu temple is inside the park called Bugle Rock.

The bull referred to is a sacred Hindu demi-god, known as Nandi; Nandi is a close devotee and attendant of Shiva. Dodda Basavana Gudi is said to be the biggest temple to Nandi in the world. The stone cult image of Nandi is continually covered with new layers of butter, benne in the local language of Kannada. There is a cult image of the elephant-headed Hindu deity son of shiva Ganesha close by.

Every year on the last Monday and Tuesday of the Hindu month of Karthika Maasa a groundnut fair is held in the temple premises and groundnut is offered to the deity. This fair is known as 'Kadalekaayi Parishe' in local tongue. Groundnut sellers and devotees throng the place during Kadalekaayi Parishe.

Basavana Gudi is a regular place of visit for tourists and is covered by most of the tour operators including the Karnataka State Tourism Development Corporation.

     
     
 
Jawaharlal Nehru Planetarium etc.

The Jawaharlal Nehru Planetarium in Bangalore was founded by Bangalore City Corporation in 1989. Since 1992 it is managed by the newly formed Bangalore Association for Science Education (BASE). The Planetarium has a 15 m. diameter dome with a seating capacity of 210. It is equipped with a German Carl Zeiss 'Space master' Planetarium projector. The planetarium is located on Sir. T. Chowdaiah Road and there is a Science center and a Science park in the premises.

The Sky Theater shows at Jawaharlal Nehru Planetarium are very popular and attract about more than 2 lakhs visitors per year. The Sky-theater program at this planetarium is supported by exhibition of posters at exhibition hall. These exhibitions are of high educational value for those who are interested to learn much more and deeper in the subject of astronomy. The exhibits at this exhibition hall of Jawaharlal Nehru Planetarium include Astronomy Photographs, Cartoons, Paintings and Quotations.

We can also see the giant color pictures of the Galaxies on display at the exhibition hall of this planetarium. We can also see a set of paintings and sculptures on the permanent display. One more interesting thing is the weighing scale which shows our weight on all of the planets and also gives print-out.

The Jawaharlal Nehru Planetarium in Bangalore also conducts educational activities for the benefit of science students. These activities include interesting experiments on atmospheric pressure, rocket launch, and speedometer and so on. The classes are held for high school children and BSc. (Bachelor of Science) students on weekends between 10.30 AM and 4.30 PM.

     
 
   
   
Experience Mapple
 
 

Locations:    Bangalore    ▪     Bhimtal    ▪    Jodhpur    ▪    New Delhi    ▪    Pune    ▪    The Golden Chariot-Luxury Train