The Golden Chariot - Travel 1600 years back in time.
The Golden Chariot, a heritage migrant is a ticket into the
timelessness of a historic
state - Karnataka. The Golden Chariot on its voyage of 7 days and 7 nights' unveils
empires, unlocks treasures, unravels secrets and takes your esteemed customer to
a time now lost, wrapped in luxury. It is a journey that
travels from Bangalore,
through Mysore, Srirangapatna, Kabini, Shravanabelagola,
Belur - Halebidu,
Hampi, Badami, Pattadakal and Goa culminating in Bangalore.
The Golden Chariot an unforgettable journey that chronicles
the many worlds of
Karnataka leaving your esteemed customer with a myriad of
Golden Chariot has all the modern day amenities set in the
style of Mysore and
Belur-Halebidu schools of art and architecture.
Highlights - The Golden Chariot
The Golden Chariot is the first luxury train of Southern
- An initiative of the Department of Tourism, Government of
Karnataka, India, in association with Indian Railways. The train will be
operated by Karnataka State Tourism Development Corporation.
- Composition of the Train
» Total No. of Coaches 18
» Passenger Coaches 11
» Restaurant Cars 2
» Lounge Bar 1
& Gym (With an Internet & DVD Parlour) 1
» Generator Cars 2
» Staff Car 1 Total Passengers 88
» Additional bunkers beds 15
per Coach 4 Lounge per Coach 1
» Conference Coach to be added soon
- The Golden Chariot has complete carpeted flooring.
- The coaches are named after the magnificent dynasties and
empires that ruled this South Indian state, Karnataka – Kadamba, Hoysala,
Rashtrakuta, Ganga, Chalukya, Bahamani, Adilshahi, Sangama, Shathavahana,
Yadukula and Vijayanagara.
- The 11 passenger coaches have each cabin fully equipped
with amenities like attached baths and plasma TV.
- Each room is provided with good storage space like
cupboards to store luggage.
- A side table in each room.
- Reading desks in every room.
- Electrical sockets in each room.
- A business centre that helps one keep in touch with the
- 6 DVD Channels and 6 Satellite Channels that entertains
ones journey back in time.
- The bath area has all the facilities and required
- The bedspreads are hand woven and made of silk.
- The two restaurants are designed in Belur and Hampi style
catering to a multi-cuisine delicacies catering to both vegetarians and
- Madira, the lounge bar designed is in Belur style with the
finest collection of wines and spirits.
- Soft music that soothes the mind is played in the
- An Ayurveda centre, a spa and a state-of-the art gymnasium
on the train provides rejuvenation to the travellers.
- The spa is equipped with all the necessary rejuvenating
oils and a masseur.
- The gymnasium has the latest equipments like the
treadmill, cycle and stepper. It has a changing room, steam bath, two shower rooms and a